Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Snow Day?

Monday was the first day back to school for the kids. I had visions of sending them off with the usual hugs and kisses and retreating to my mostly quiet house for the rest of the day. Ahhh. Wrong! You see, it snowed yesterday morning. Yes, snow! But it wasn't the kind that sticks or builds, in fact, I had to really look hard to even see any. It did, however delay school for two hours. Ugh! So much for my quiet relaxing morning. Just a little more bickering and way too loud talking for me to endure. Relief came at 10:33 when, at last, they walked out the back gate to school.
I understand that Corvallis got significantly more snow than we did here. Someone in my mother-in-law's ward bore his testimony and said that personal revelation comes much like the snow falls. It comes gently and quietly a little at a time until it's just there, undeniably there. I thought that was a great analogy.

1 comment:

Jensen Family said...

That is such a cool slide show! Your kids are all so cute! I can't believe how big Claire is now!