Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!


Well, 2007 came in with a bang and left with an even bigger one! One of our neighbors put on quite an impressive fireworks display, much to our dismay. If you can imagine the loud booms and pops of the professional 4th of July displays and put that right next door (almost). Sleep eluded us--again! I had just returned from a weekend in Boise. My brother took me with him to our niece's wedding. Thank you Henry! Of course, Lindsey and Claire came along too! Traveling with children is always an adventure and this was no different. We stayed at my parents' house and Lindsey just didn't want the fun days to end so getting her to go to sleep was all but impossible. Claire was more cooperative, thankfully, and slept through all but one night.

Monica (my niece) married Jason on the 29th. The wedding was very romantic and beautiful. The reception was a blast complete with a swing jazz band. Lindsey danced the whole time! She would rather dance than eat wedding cake! So later, at home, she realized that she missed eating cake. Funny! I would love to have posted photos of the event but I forgot to take my camera to the wedding!

It was just so nice being with my parents and siblings. There are a lot of us when we get together! I just about lost my voice last weekend. My cold (from Christmas) just lingered. It's finally going away. I'm hoping to avoid the other viruses that are going around. Reading friends' blogs about their bouts of nausea is making me a bit nervous that it will hit here after school's back in session. Hope not!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Sounds like you had a fun time! Sleep is so essential to me being normal I can understand what the lack of it can do! We had a real noisy New Year too! But everyone slept through it but me! I think you are talking about the throw-up bug that's going around my house. No worries...Bennett and Lauren are all better. And I am sure Parker won't be around your kids in the coming week!

Jensen Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip! We got the nasty cold going around here and I have almost lost my voice! Happy New Year!

Sharlee said...

Thank you so much for sending me that site!!! I see so many recipes that I want to make!!!

Shannon said...

No thanks on the loud fireworks! I tried to trick my kids into watching the ball drop in NYC at 10pm so I could go to bed. It didn't work.