Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Whew!

Well, it's the day after Christmas and we are all content, well, most of us. Claire is crying as I write. Christmas Day was great! The kids were gracious receivers of gifts. They were very pleased with Santa!




Unfortunately, someone is ALWAYS sick on Christmas at our house. This year, Camille and I were the not-so-lucky snifflers. On Christmas Eve we were getting ready to head to Corvallis to spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa Nash and Camille was complaining of watery eyes. She had a sore throat already but I took one look at her and knew that she had a fever. Sure enough, it was 103 degrees! A quick sip of Advil and she was feeling better for the most part of the day. We went to Corvallis and had a very nice day with family. The drive home was fun seeing all the colorfully decorated houses out in the country. The moon was full and we could almost see the silhouette of Santa and his reindeer sailing across.

It snowed in Eugene this morning!! That's what the weather man said. Ha, ha! If there was any snow, I missed it. Fine by me though.

Lindsey, Claire and I are looking forward to our trip to Boise this weekend. I am so excited! Terry has graciously accepted to hold down the fort while I'm away, taking care of Everett and Camille. It counts as a vacation, right?

Well, Claire is getting tired of playing with gift bags. They don't taste so great. Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Margaret said...

We got some sickies at our house too...i can relate! Hope you all feel well soon!

Jensen Family said...

Hope you guys had a great Christmas! We had a very white Christmas. We woke up to about 4 inches and it snowed another few through out the day! Well have a good trip!