It's late. It's quiet. It's about time for me to write an update on this clan!
It's been a whirlwind winter into spring! Christmas took us over the river and through the woods to Ontario (Oregon) to spend the holiday with my family. We enjoyed some snow on our way. The kids loved having some time off school!
I really don't know where the time has gone since then! The days, weeks, and months have slipped by in a flurry of laundry days, Crossfit workouts, walks to and from school, church lessons and homework assignments (the kids', not mine). We are a busy group to say the least!
I've recently picked up a book called, Run Like a Mother. It's by two "Mommy-Marathoners" who collaboratively wrote about their own journeys as runners and moms. It's been very inspiring and entertaining to read about how they've managed families and a thirst for running. I must clarify--I am NOT a runner. Yes, I run, but only as a part of my Crossfit workouts. Occasionally, those workouts are 5k runs! So, I run. It's more like plodding along sometimes. These legs just don't want to be lithe and swift. It's not in the genes, I'm afraid! It's a great read and is transferable to any sport, I would think. I know I've learned a lot about how to approach my own workouts. For example, I've never been much for the feeling of nausea. :) Who, in their right mind is?? Well, I don't let myself get to that point in a workout. I fear the pukie bucket, yet, I've never once had to buddy up to it during a workout. How do I know what it would take to get me to that point if I've never tried? Well, I've decided that it's time I become familiar with my limits, instead of shying away from pain and discomfort, I "run" toward it. Still working on it, but that's my goal.
Several months ago, as part of Crossfit, everyone had to set three long term (6 months or more) goals to work toward. My three goals were: Be able to do 3 unassisted pull-ups, run 800 meters in 4 minutes, and be able to use the 20" box for box jumps. I have met all three of these goals!! AND I am able to do several double-unders (jumping rope) in a row! I can do about five pull-ups, run an 800m in 3:53, and do about 16 box jumps on the 20" in a minute! Wa-Hooooo!!
I'll have to check to see if I have any Crossfit pics I could post.....
Kids are growing like crazy! Everett is taller than I am! The girls are gorgeous and sassy with their big brown eyes and smarty-pants attitudes! I love them all!!
3 comments:
Yeah!! Love the update!
I love the phrase, "smarty-pants!"
Great post. I'm going out to buy that book. YOU inspire me!
Hugs!
Thanks for the updates. It's great to hear from you.
Post a Comment