Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tis' the Season

Everett and Lindsey Christmas 2006

It's that time of year again! I can hardly believe that it's Christmas time!! I'm thrilled by the lights, sights, sounds, and flavors of the season!
It seems that I function by making lists. So here is a list of my Christmas plans, events, thoughts, etc.

* Found and put up a beautiful tree. The kids decorated it by themselves! I watched. They did a great job! Now, if only they would leave it alone! There have been a few ornament casualties.

* Attended a fabulous Winter Concert at the Hult Center for Everett's school. He's a horn player in the Concert Band. I'm thoroughly amazed by the talented music leaders and students! Their jazz band could seriously record an album!

* Acted as a hostess for the Community Creche Exhibit (just walked around really). What a wonderful display! I've been to the one in Corvallis and it just makes the season right to see those beautiful nativity scenes on display.

* Made some batches of cookies to share. YUM!!

* Anxiously awaiting taking Camille to see the Nutcracker Ballet in a couple of weeks! Yay! I went to see it as a child, at the Morrison Center in Boise. I even got to meet the prima ballerina. So fun!

* Looking forward to watching Camille as Mary in the ward Christmas Pageant! AND hearing Terry play the piano for the program that night. AND performing at the Stake Christmas Program--playing prelude music with two flutist friends! (local friends come at 6:45!!)

* Excited to have a new flute! Well, new-to-me! It is solid silver and sounds lovely! I only hope that it will sound lovely to others!

* Hoping to take a trip to Ontario for Christmas! It's been seven years since we have been there for Christmas. Once, we went AFTER Christmas. Not the same. My mom is offering to cook Terry's favorites for him: Chile Colorado and fresh flour tortillas, homemade of course! I always joke that he married me for my mom's cooking. Not really a joke! ;)

* Watching my favorite Christmas movies: Elf, Home Alone, Charlie Brown Christmas, Polar Express....

What are your Holiday Favorites??

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Wow, it sounds like you've had a busy month already. The picture of Everett and Lindsay is so cute. It's the perfect holiday picture.
Can't wait to see you guys at Christmas time. Have a Merry Christmas.

the Sayler's said...

I have to watch White Christmas every year - and I LOVE all the old Rankin & Bass