
I am finding it more and more difficult to blog about much lately. I'm not sure if it's just a lack of time or of interest in the whole deal. There are a million things going on in life at any given moment, or so it seems. What with four kids and a busy husband, there is never a dull moment.

We recently took the opportunity to escape Duck Country and head for the hills (of Eastern Oregon.) The kids had a 4 1/2 day weekend and it was forecasted to be rainy. So instead of sequestering myself in my bedroom to avoid the inevitable sibling squabbles, we went "home" to Ontario. There is nothing like sitting at my parents' kitchen table chatting in the morning while my mom makes French toast for the kids (their favorite.) Camille was able to have a little birthday celebration with her cousins, something she never gets to do having a late fall birthday.

Since it was a quick trip we made it a point to do all of our favorite things. One day we went to Boise to my sister's house. We were met there by other family members. My sisters are incredible cooks. They made some delicious pasta dishes and we feasted! The kids had a great time and I didn't hear one argument practically the whole time! Mission accomplished!


Since it was a quick trip we made it a point to do all of our favorite things. One day we went to Boise to my sister's house. We were met there by other family members. My sisters are incredible cooks. They made some delicious pasta dishes and we feasted! The kids had a great time and I didn't hear one argument practically the whole time! Mission accomplished!

I am deeply grateful for the time I was able to spend with my family. I needed that break for a multitude of reasons. To be sure, there is nothing more important in life than family and the relationships we form with those around us. We create networks for ourselves whether it is through employment, church, school, or what have you, but there is none so lasting as family. It is my ultimate support group!
3 comments:
Sometimes I wish we lived back in pioneer days where all your extended family lives on the same block, or at least the same town. It sounds great until I take a hot shower and turn on my thermostat! Maybe having all that family so close all the time would make living without modern conveniences worth it though!
I'm glad you had such a great trip!
I'm glad you had a great trip!
Do the crazy eight post next that I just posted on my blog!
Wish you were coming to Twilight still....but Jackie Burnett is coming now so you are off the hook.
I hear ya! I'm glad that you had a great trip. Those are the best kind . . . short notice, not a lot of plans, etc. I am sure that they were all excited to see you, we are all soooo excited when Sharlee comes home.
Post a Comment