Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Crazy 8's

Just some random stuff...

8 Things that happened yesterday:

  1. I did my k-boxing workout after a bit of a break--a big break, like three weeks. Shh, don't tell!
  2. Went to the mall with two of my kids--not as fun as I'd envisioned
  3. Baked some Quadruple Chocolate cookies for FHE--Sooooo good!
  4. Practiced my flute- A LOT! Stake Christmas program in 2 1/2 weeks! Yikes!
  5. Picked up Legos THREE times, okay FOUR times. I should've just left them on the floor!
  6. Saw the cutest puppies at the pet store but had to walk away. :(
  7. Cleaned the bathrooms. Ugh!
  8. Wrote out my grocery list for the week. Can we just eat out??

8 Things I'm looking forward to:

  1. Decorating my house for Christmas
  2. Going "over the river and through the woods" to Grandmother's house for the holidays. The Nashes for Thanksgiving and the Oliva's for Christmas!
  3. Going to Everett's concert at the Hult center!!
  4. Making my sister's famous blueberry "salad" for Thanksgiving. (It can double as a dessert--my favorite kind of salad!) ;P
  5. Listening to Christmas music.
  6. Getting a few quiet moments to myself.
  7. Watching the twinkling of Christmas lights on the tree.
  8. Feeling the excitement and joy of the season!

8 Things on my wishlist

  1. Getting a few quiet moments to myself. *See # 6 above.
  2. That my kids will enjoy the whole season and not just getting stuff.
  3. That I can relax and not feel harried by all the things that need doing, ie. music practice *see #4 on first list.
  4. A new flute. I am playing the same one from waaaay back in jr. high! Santa, are you there??
  5. To be in the same place at the same time as all of my siblings--all 7 of us!
  6. That my ornaments will escape unscathed by my one-"man" demolition team that is Claire.
  7. To spend time with all the people I love most in the world. Family and friends, new and old.
  8. To enjoy my mom's comida mexicano. Tacos, chile colorado, taquitos, etc. and New Mexico's biscochitos. Mmmm! Terry married me for my mom's cooking!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

I think I like you for your Mom's cooking too! lol. It sounds amazing. I am worried about Christmas ornaments too. Last year Aaron wasn't mobile...this year different story.

Margaret said...

Two things I realized.
1. Need to spend time at the Nash's FHE to get me some cookie action (my other love language).
2. Figure out how to get some comida mexicana from your mom.

Leavitt Family said...

I love salads that pass off as deserts too! I have a raspberry cream cheese one I should share. Glad you had a great holiday!