(Lindsey and her Ghostie Marshmallows)We had a busy weekend and now I'm decompressing. It started out on Friday. I was making a quilt for my friend who's having a baby girl. Her shower was Saturday and I had yet to sew the squares and border together. So Friday (inservice day for the kids) I started to work on the quilt. By 11am or so, I decided that we needed to go to Red Robin. Yes, needed! Camille and Lindsey earned free kid's meal coupons from their dentist and we hadn't redeemed them yet.
So, off we went, leaving my lovely purple quilt in pieces on the table. I thought I'd get back to it later. When we got back home my parents had called and left a message to say that they were two hours away and that instead of coming on Sunday, they'd decided to come Friday! When I realized that the call came in an hour and a half ago at that point, we put into high gear and cleaned up the mess that Claire and Lindsey had made that morning ALL over the house. Whew! Talk about CRAZY!! Anyway, my parents arrived safely from Ontario for the weekend. My mom is an experienced quilter and helped me to complete my quilt in time! Thanks, Mom! We had a wonderful visit complete with yummy food, lots of laughs, and just an all around great time!



Camille went to a birthday party for her best friend. She was quite a lucky girl herself. Her friend's mom took the girls to get their nails done and out to lunch (at Red Robin, again--don't think she minded though). She had a great time! I should've taken a picture of her manicure. Pink polish with tiny little flower embellishments. Wow!
Speaking of birthdays....'Tis the season around here! Terry and I will celebrate our birthdays with a quick weekend away while the kids stay with Grandma and Grandpa in Corvallis. Can't wait!!
2 comments:
Wow you are busy!
I didn't realize you knew how to sew. That's a talent I wish I had.
Happy birthday coming up!☺
Sounds like fun and what a pretty quilt!
Post a Comment