Friday, June 13, 2008

Summertime Readiness Assessment


I've been thinking....You know how kids have to take all kinds of tests to advance to the next level of whatever it is they're learning? Well, what about moms? I don't recall ever taking the Mom's Summertime Readiness Assessment (SRA). Do you??? Well, certainly, if I had taken it I know that I would not have passed it. Surely! What would such a test require me to know or what skills would I be required to possess? Hmm. Let's see...I would have to know the ins and outs of what causes a bee to sting you, what happens after it does, will I die from it, how sunburn occurs, including how does UVA and UVB rays affect me, will I die from it, why can't we go swimming everyday, why can't you buy me new (fill in the blank), and countless other things I haven't studied for. I know that the skills required would include having vast stores of patience, saved up from who-knows-where (?!), the ability to find the cheapest gas in the country, AND the desire to hang out with four children ALL day EVERY day for 11+ weeks. Whew! If any of you have taken this test let me know. Since I'm clearly not ready to "move on" into Summer "Break" I think school should continue on until I'm ready!

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Amen sista, Amen!

I will be in full melt down mode in a few weeks...just wait for it!

LaDawn said...

If Kiersten had her way she would still be in school. She had a full emotional cry fest becasue she was going to miss her teacher.. I am not ready nor do I think I will ever be ready. For me summer means more kids in the zoo!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

I need the study guide for that test. The constant "mom, I'm bored" comments are driving me insane!