Monday, June 9, 2008

Happy Birthday, Everett!


We celebrated Everett's 11th birthday last week! It's amazing how time has flown. He's getting ready for middle school and I'm not ready! He's very excited about it though. He was very pleased with his gifts, as usual. He got his long awaited "Super Soaker" that holds a lot of water and can shoot very far. He could give the specs on it. He also got a nerf dart gun and some spending money, among other things. He requested homemade lasagna for dinner and I was happy to oblige since it's my favorite too! There was a delicious chocolate bundt cake for dessert. Yum!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Yummy cake!

Jensen Family said...

Happy Birthday Everett!! Just think 1 more year and he will be in young mens! That cake looks so good! Did you make it?

Tania said...

Yes, it's our favorite cake recipe. It's actually just a cake mix with 4 eggs, a small package of instant pudding mix, half cup of oil, one cup of water. Mix it together and bake in a Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 45-55 min. I tried to make it pretty but the chocolate on top cooled too quickly and got chunky so I just topped the cake with chocolate chips. It was very yummy!

Leavitt Family said...

Oh my goodness I can feel your pain/anxiety with how old they are getting and how fast it all happens. Madison turned 12 in October, just finished her first year in Middle School and started Young Womens while I was still in it!!
And that cake, Yummmm!!