Friday, June 20, 2008

Jam Berry!

We went to pick strawberries yesterday. We picked three big buckets full of berries which ended up filling three plastic grocery bags! I couldn't tell you how many pounds that translates into but it sure is a LOT of berries! We've made some freezer jam already but will have to make cooked jam with most of it since we have way more pantry space than freezer space. They are so sweet and juicy! Terry said that this is the reason we moved back to Oregon. Never mind the job! I've never seen berries quite so huge before, and they're sweet! Can you smell them??

4 comments:

Jensen Family said...

Yummy! Those look so good!

Shannon said...

Yum! What a great thing to do with the kids.

Margaret said...

Sad I missed out. I was just to wiped that day. Next time..

LaDawn said...

Yum the strawberries Kiersten brought home were so good. I am sure they made great jam and you will be able to enjoy them for a long time to come.