Monday, October 8, 2007

October

It's been a sneezy month so far at the Nash house! Four out of six of us has had a cold for the last couple of weeks. Ugh! It seems that we're on the mend now, though. I think it's all because of the sudden change in the weather. See, I told you it would happen! It's been the typical rainy fall so far. We will be harvesting our pumpkins soon. I bought a little "pie" pumpkin to collect the seeds to plant next year. I used the pumpkin mush to bake some really yummy bread. It's the very best recipe I've ever made for pumpkin bread. I love to bake any time of the year but when the weather is cooler I do more. So, I baked applesauce bread (it tasted much like the pumpkin bread) and some almond poppy seed bread. It tastes just like those ginormous muffins at the bakery. YUM-O!

Camille had her first Oregon Children's Choir concert this weekend. Her group sang three songs. The one about loose teeth was my favorite. It was very funny. They had motions to go along with the songs. Very cute! Needless to say, I am very proud of her. During one of the songs Lindsey started to sing along. She'd heard the songs so many times, she thought she'd join in. We had to shush her though. Everett even enjoyed the concert. Two other groups performed including a few girls from the Junior Girl Choir playing the marimbas! I am looking forward to the Christmas Concert in December!

1 comment:

Jensen Family said...

Yummy! You'll have to post or email the recipe for the pumpkin bread, it sounds so delicious!