
It has been a crazy week! We enjoyed a visit from my parents last weekend. Terry and I even got to go on a date for my birthday (thursday)! Something we haven't done in way too long. Fortunately Claire was cooperative and we were able to leave her with Grandma.
My birthday was a mainly quiet day. I took myself out to lunch at Wendy's for a chicken club. Mmmm! My birthday cake was a "pink barn" cake from Everett's cake auction at cub scouts two days before. He had to decorate a cake with a farm theme. I baked the cake and let him decorate it. He made a barn out of graham crackers with those frosted animal cookies for the cattle. He made a fence around the whole thing with pretzel sticks and put a pile of those little marshmallow pumpkins that you usually see on top of cupcakes, for a pumpkin patch complete with a little "pumpkins for sale" sign. We crushed up oreos for dirt and made a little haystack out of chinese chow mein noodles. I wish that I'd taken a picture of it but I didn't. Well, he won the prize for the "theme cake" and brought home a cake in the shape of a barn and silo. Very cute!
No candles for my birthday for fear of starting a fire!
I bought myself the Twilight series. I have not had as much time to read as I would like but I take what I can get. You might say 'I've been bitten'. Thanks, Margaret!
It's Halloween and the kids are looking forward to trick-or-treating around the neighborhood tonite. They had the trunk-or-treat at church last Saturday and got enough candy, in my opinion. Mind you, the next morning was the Primary program in sacrament meeting! The kids did very well in spite of all that sugar coursing through their veins from the night before!
2 comments:
Keep me posted on your progress Tania! Isn't the book great?! Fun post.
Camille looks cute! The barn cake sounds like it looked great, very creative!
Post a Comment