It's a beautiful fall day in Western Oregon. Okay, so it's still officially summer but there's definitely a chill in the breeze that wasn't there last week. I am so excited to see the maple trees start to turn red and orange. I will miss the glowing aspens in Colorado. Fall is my favorite season for many reasons not the least of them that I was born in fall.
Well, we now have only 12 pumpkins thriving in the garden. We tried to grow pumpkins in Colorado. We had about five that grew but only a couple lived long enough to turn orange, but those were turned into a smorgasbord for the neighborhood squirrels. The kids are looking forward to carving some of their pumpkins this year. I hope that I can figure out how to make a little fall display with dried corn stalks and a few pumpkins. We'll see.
I am so glad that some of you are posting comments! I love to keep in touch with family and friends but it seems that it gets harder as we all get busier. Keep 'em coming!
3 comments:
Hi Nashes! So fun to see you started a blog! I was excited to see little Claire. She's really cute! I'm glad we can see how things are now. I just started one myself. I haven't done much to it so far. But i'll try to be good at keeping it updated. We miss you guys!
Tammy Goodell
tjgoodell.blogspot.com
Hey guys!
We are glad that you guys are enjoying Oregon! We still miss you. We are fellow bloggers and I have a list of blogs I check often We are excited to check yours now! Tell all the kids hello for us, and Terry too!
Roni, Coleman, & Makadie
roniandcoleman.blogspot.com
Hey that beach looks so inviting! Sounds like you guys like being back in Oregon! We miss you guys!
Kim Jensen
jensen5.blogspot.com
Post a Comment