Tuesday, September 25, 2007

It's Finally Fall!

It's officially here! Yay! I love this season. Our maple tree is starting to turn a deep reddish brown on the tips and there's definitely a bite in the air. The kids had a day off yesterday so we spent it at the park with friends. The sky was bright blue and completely cloudless. We had a nice time.
We are now harvesting tomatoes from the garden. We have three plants and they just keep on giving. I've canned 18 quarts of tomatoes since we do not eat them raw. What a messy undertaking that is! Unfortunately, they don't all ripen at the same time so that I can do the canning just once and be done. Oh, well. I'm not exactly sure how cost effective it is to can rather than just buy them from the store. Flavor? Hm. I do like to make Italian and Mexican dishes using tomatoes so we'll see.
Well, I've enjoyed keeping up on distant friends by reading their blogs. It's amazing that when I started this several people told me that they have blogs too. I didn't realize how popular it is. So fun to see pictures of your kids!
Has this happened to any of you? Your baby was sleeping through the night and one day it all changed?? YAWN! Claire has been waking once or twice a night lately and I don't like it! Now she has a cold so it's even worse. AND she thinks that she must eat when she wakes at one a.m. UGH! She's been a great sleeper since birth until now!
Someone needs a nap around here and it's not Claire....
Happy Fall!

1 comment:

Jensen Family said...

I love this time of the year! Our leave are starting to change, too! I can't believe how big Clare is already. Miss you guys!