Everett and I were reflecting on the weeks that have passed since Christmas. We agreed that it seems like months ago that we celebrated Christmas. School started on the 4th, I think. It was SO long ago, I can't remember! Everett had his first orthodontic appointment, a week later, his second, and voila', now he has braces! Several days were spent in a fair amount of pain for him. Advil is a wonder drug, I'm tellin' ya'! He ate lots of pudding for three days or so. Not too rough!
I had an MRI on my knee which I injured doing something healthy back in August. I stopped going to Crossfit in July. I loved it! It worked! In a lapse of judgement, I decided to stop going. I'd been going for over a year! Instead I started running/walking and doing some other stuff to keep active. Well, one day I thought I'd do some squats after a run--not unusual for me. This particular day I did them too fast and felt/heard a snap in my knee. It didn't hurt at all. I just thought it popped, no big deal. The next day it hurt. A LOT. And for several days thereafter. It was swollen, I iced it, took Advil (Ahhhh!). I felt 'better' and started doing my thing again. Well, four months later (Dec) I went to the doctor because it still hurt, still does a month later. He said, "You either have arthritis, or a torn meniscus." Great. A chronic condition or something that may need surgery. Fast forward...Got the MRI (wow those things are NOISY) and today will go back to see the doctor for the results. I just want to run!!!! Did I just say that? I must be crazy! What are the side effects of Advil overdose??
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear that-you'll have to let us know how it goes, and what the results were. I hope it's goes well ;)
Well, by now I know that you will have to have surgery. I hope it doesn't pain you too much until then and that you'll recover quick.
Post a Comment