I absolutely LOVE September! I don't know if it's the cooler days, although, today's high is supposed to reach the low 90s, or if it's a "new beginning" with school starting. Whatever it is, I LOVE Fall! September is sort of like Christmas Eve, with the anticipation of what's to come but not the "event" itself. Looking forward to wearing cozy sweaters, drinking hot chocolate, baking delicious apple-y desserts. There are so many happy moments awaiting me!
Lindsey and Claire with the first pumpkins from our garden!
I went to Boise with carry-on luggage only. CARRY-ON LUGGAGE! What mom travels like that??? Well, I did. And it was so nice not to have to juggle my bags to be checked, diaper bag, stroller, car-seat or two, AND a toddler AND a preschooler, AND keep the others handy while I fumbled with my purse and five boarding passes and ID. Whew! Makes me tired just thinking about it!
I arrived quietly at the Boise airport where my wonderful parents waited for my arrival. Sigh! I sure love them! Hugs and then we were off! No non-stop talking and competing for their attention with eager kiddos to tell Papa the newest joke. So nice! We even enjoyed a quick dinner out together! Then 'home' to Ontario.
My mom and moi.The next day my mom made breakfast and we made plans. Our plans included a bit of shopping, of course, before checking in to our hotel in Boise and an evening at Time Out for Women. As tiring as the day was, TOFW was just what I needed! We heard from Chieko Okazaki-speaker, Hilary Weeks-speaker/musician, Cherie Call-speaker/musician, and Mark Mabry-speaker. It was as if they were speaking to ME! Just exactly what I needed to hear. Amazing! The music was beautiful, some of it was hilarious. I'll have to post one of the funny songs here from youtube. I realized too late that I'd forgotten my camera. Argh!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I8FCgaoaG8 and this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1Yj5Zykg9I Enjoy!
The next day was just as wonderful, maybe even more so. My sister joined us and we all had a great day together listening, laughing, wiping away a few tears. It was fun hearing from some authors of books I own! At the lunch break we took a walk around downtown Boise. We had lunch at a restaurant in the Basque district. Mmmm! Saturday market was going on. So fun! It was very much like Eugene's Saturday Market minus the dread locks and tie-dye. ;) LOVED IT! --the whole weekend.
Time went by way too fast. I was able to see a few of my favorite people and wished that I could've seen them all. Now it's back to reality. Time to implement all those wonderful things I learned ,or rather, was reminded of at TOFW.
Home again and it's Back-to-School time!
4 comments:
That video was so funny. I heart Hilary Weeks. The 2nd link didn't work :(
Sounds amazing. Those are moments I truely treasure as well. Glad you got to go.
I think I fixed the link. They should both work now.
looks like a fun trip - it will be great to keep up
Post a Comment