As I was attempting to take a break this afternoon I was thinking about how many things I've done in the past 36 hours. Nothing earth-shattering, just the usual "Mom" type stuff. I will share them with you:
- exercised (while "encouraging" Lindsey to get herself ready for preschool)
- got myself ready (while "encouraging" Lindsey to get herself ready)
- got Claire diapered and dressed (while Lindsey FINALLY got herself ready)
- took Lindsey to school
- went to Wal-Mart (I don't love that place) to buy a new iron because my dear iron that I bought before venturing off to college decided it's job was done
- found a few other items besides the iron to buy. Always do that, tsk!
- realized that breakfast wasn't part of the "getting ready"
- ate an Egg McMuffin for the first time in a year or more: MMMM!
- returned home and proceeded to tidy up the place which is a CONSTANT for me
- dealt with some papers: recycled, threw away, decluttered AHHH!
- came across some family history and realized that Terry has some Irish ancestry waaaay back in the 1600's: Hey, kids, you're IRISH! It was, after all, St. Patty's Day!
- made dinner: Irish Soda Bread (because, hey, we're Irish now!) homemade chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles. Yum-O!
- got everyone out the door to Everett's band concert which was excellent!
- got home and sent everyone to bed
- WHEW!
- started all over again today...
- dusting, vacuuming, wiping things down with anti-bacterial wipes. Hoping no one gets sick before our spring break trip!
- mowed the lawn...I couldn't resist being out in the sunshine today!
- Yawn! I'm ready for a nap!
3 comments:
I hear you and my day has just started. LOL.
Moms are simply amazing.
Hey that sounds familiar :]
And I totally hear the cleaning, vacuming and I love anti-bacterial wipes! We (all moms) are all like sisters.
Post a Comment