Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow Days!

Amazingly, it snowed for the second time this year! Of course, it wasn't much but any amount of snow on the ground translates to "No School" for the kids. It's been so cold that the snow was too powdery to build a snowman. Still, the kids wasted no time getting outside on Monday morning. They were out the door even before they would've been had school been open!

Well, we built our gingerbread house. Everett and Lindsey enjoyed decorating it. Camille had a smaller version that she took to her friend's house to decorate. For some reason, there was less than usual enthusiasm about this tradition this year.

We trekked a few miles out of town to cut our own Christmas tree. The day was unseasonably warm, nearly 70 degrees! Of course, those days are long gone now! It was almost strange decorating the tree when it was so warm and sunny outside.

Cookie baking productivity has decreased by 30% this year compared to last year. Just kidding. This week's cookie was an experiment on our old standby chocolate chip recipe. I added white chocolate chips, toasted chopped almonds, and craisins to 1/2 the dough with milk chocolate chips and dark chocolate chips. I actually liked the craisin/white chip cookies better than the others. Have I mentioned how dangerous cookies are in my house? I have imposed a two-cookies-a-day rule for myself, otherwise, I'm afraid that there's not enough Pilates and Turbo Jam that could help me! I've thought of just buying cookies since store-bought just aren't that tempting but where's the fun in that?!

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Hey friend. The snow days have been fun but I'm thankful for a reprieve.

I am looking forward to getting a copy of the recipe for that amazing triple chocolate cookie!!!