The new hospital opened this week but that's been keeping Terry very busy at work for a while now. We had the opportunity to take a tour before it opened. It was very impressive to say the least. Our parents came on the tour with us. Everett and Camille got to go home with my parents the next day. They look forward to that trip every summer. So do I. So, it was just Lindsey, Claire, Terry and me for a week before we joined Everett and Camille in Ontario. It was much quieter around here. Not any cleaner, but quieter. Claire is a little hurricane! She can destroy a nice clean home in two minutes flat!
We took our little trip to Ontario for a week. I was inspired by a friend who drove all the way from Oregon to Arizona. With four children. I figured that I would probably survive the trip across Oregon with two children. And I did survive despite the hour-long delay due to a car accident outside of Bend. It looked like a horrible mess, so I was glad to hear that no one was seriously injured. Someone ran a stop sign and ran into a big pick-up with a camper in tow. The truck and camper ended up in the opposite lane with the camper on it's side. The other car was totaled and the driver was surprisingly okay. Whew!

While we waited for emergency personnel and tow trucks to arrive, I let Lindsey and Claire climb around inside the car. They thought it was great fun. Thank goodness I brought lots of snacks!

Once we got back on the road we were fine until Burns. McDonald's break for a quick snack before our last "leg" of the trip. Right outside Burns we hit construction traffic. Another 20 minute delay. We finally made it to Ontario and I was very pleased that we didn't have any meltdowns!
1 comment:
Don't you love it when they cooperate on trips like that! Glad you guys got to go!
Post a Comment